what kind of plant is this?

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by Unregistered, Apr 5, 2005.

1. i recieved a plant from a relative and want to know more about it.. i was told it was called a monkey tail but i have not found anything named this. its description goes like this. It is a hanging plant, cactus like meaning it has thick fluid filled "leaves:. it will grow down to the floor. when the leaves fall off you put them back in the pot and they regrow.the plant grows out of the pot like a waterfall and branch off of themselves on the way down. there is one main stem that hangs and is covered in little tiny banana shaped "leaves" all the way down the diamiter of each hanging stem with leaves is about 1 inch. the banana shapes are right from pot to floor and they are about 1/2 inch long each. almost like a pine cone design all the way down. the only color is green and it does not require much water.. any ideas?

2. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

Your description sounds like what I woud call a burros tail. ( I have not heard it called a monkey tail. That's the problem with common names. People keep making up new ones for the same plant.) Take a look at this page of images from Google for Sedum morgianum.

3. that is wonderful...you are right...tks so much. now i caN LEARN WHAT IT NEEDS ARE.