fungicide Benomyl question...

Discussion in 'Maples' started by ectomorph, Dec 28, 2006.

1. ectomorph

ectomorph Member

Hello All,

I have been advised to treat my very sick Japanese Maple with a fungicide called Benomyl. I'm having a hard time finding this product anywhere, have done searches and even drove to several nursery's without finding it(the workers looked at me like they had never heard of it). When I do searches on the internet, I get allot of returns about EPA garbage concerning this product. Is this stuff even available? if so can anyone possibly point me into the right direction on where I need to go to find this product? Need it ASAP as my tree is VERY sick! Thanks in advance!!!

2. jimmyq

jimmyq Well-Known Member 10 Years

I am not certain about the US situation but Benomyl has been removed from the market in Canada, about two years ago by now I think.

3. chuckrkc

chuckrkc Active Member

Jimmyq, would you suggest a replacement?

4. jimmyq

jimmyq Well-Known Member 10 Years

Depending on the issue being treated for, another systemic fungicide may be indicated, the only one we have left for consumer use in Canada is Funginex, active ingredient is triforine.

5. Newt

Newt Well-Known Member 10 Years

6. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Children being born without eyes might have something to do with the business decision to stop producing the product: [WIKI]Benomyl[/WIKI]