Please help with Jade

Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by moonflower, Jun 20, 2007.

1. moonflower

moonflower Member

Hello. I found a little Jade plant and all but a few of its leaves are withered. It is about 5 inches tall and has four main branches. The trunk is strong and looks healthy; it is in a very, very small plastic pot. My question is this: What is the best way to help this little plant regain its full health? Should I remove dying leaves, cut back branches, transplant or wait? Should I water a lot, or just do nothing except water when dry again? The withered leaves do not fall off when wiggled, though they are droopy and have no thickness or flesh to them. Finally, the very last leaf bunches at the end of each branch look as a healthy Jade should. I've watered it thoroughly, as it was completely dried out. Thank-you in advance for any help offered. Looking forward to responses to my very first post. Glad to be here and find the site :)

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Clemson Extension provides a guide to caring for your jade plant:

3. moonflower

moonflower Member

Thank-you so much for the response! The Clemson Extension page was very helpful.