Navel Orange plant not growing since 2 years

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by kanudo, Jul 13, 2009.

1. kanudo

kanudo Member

Hi,

I bought a navel orange plant from costco about 2 years back. I followed the usual instructions to plant it (appropriate hole size, nitrogen rich fertilizer, mulch etc). But I see after 2 years, my orange plant is still 2 feet high (same as when I bought it).

Every year I see it flowering very well, but at the end the plant is not growing, nor do I see any fruit. Except this one orange (a size of a small lime) that has been there on the plant (green) for 2 years, very surprising. It does not grow in size, nor ripens, but stays there).

Any help/suggestion in what I can do to get my tree back to life is appreciated. I am in the SF bay area (95136).

Thanks,
    Kanudo.

2. Millet

Millet Well-Known Member 10 Years

What is this trees yearly fertilization schedule? How many hours of direct sunlight does this tree receive per day? Can you show a close up picture of the tree foliage?
    Millet (1,283-)

3. kanudo

kanudo Member

I am not sure of the first question. As far as direct sunlight is concerned, it gets the afternoon direct sun (from say 1 PM to 6PM). I am attaching a couple of pictures here.

Attached Files: