Christmas cactus double blooms

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by BetsandMur, Oct 29, 2005.

1. BetsandMur

BetsandMur Member

Our wonderful cacti are flowering again, just fantastic. This year however we seem to have double blooms. Is this a normal thing to happen. Ususally one of the two will die off but it looks like they are all going to make it

Attached Files:

2. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

wow that is so cool .. i dont think ive heard of it ..but hey ENJOY ...lol.. lookslike it will be beautifull

Marn

3. Takana_Hana

Takana_Hana Active Member 10 Years

sometimes plants go through a mutation like stage, i planted a single bloomed hardy hibiscus one year and it bloomed w/ single blooms and the second year it had double blooms

4. Nightbird

Nightbird Member

I'm not sure if this is a common occurance or not, but it sure is neat looking. I think it is your Thanksgiving cacti's way of telling you they are happy.

5. GaGardener

GaGardener Member

My catus is blooming double blooms too! As it is only my 2nd winter with it, I do not know if this this standard or not- blooms last year were single.
    all i know is- it is happy!!!

Attached Files:

6. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

GaGardner .. post a bigger pic of it .. :) pleeeezzzz .. woul really like to see it ..but from the small pic it looks cool .. and i like that color ..

well mine aint a double bloom but ill have 3 different colors in one pot :) .. and i have a first bloom open now .. so here is mine . it is the oraney coral color .. i really like it and it is my first bloom .. they didnt bloom last year .

[​IMG]

Marn