Dwarf Meyer Lemon Tree

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by Lynette Watson, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Lynette Watson

Lynette Watson Member

Help!
    My dwarf Meyer's leaves are turning a spotted yellow color and dropping off. I live in Spokane Washington and have the tree in my living room next to a big southern exposure window. Is it too cold and needs to be moved back? The fruit is almost ripe on the tree also.

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

I don't think it's too cold if it's inside. Could the problem be spider mites? Is there webbing on the underside of the leaves?

3. I checked for those and no web can be found. I have never fertilized the tree. Could that be the problem? also I have two trees side by side and the other one is perfect.

4. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

I think it's safe to discount environmental factors if there's a healthy tree next to it (unless there is a drastic difference between the two locations such as the presence of a heat vent). Assuming there are no pests present then the problem is likely to be a cultural one. How are the two trees different? Are they similar in size and treated the same? Is there fruit on one and not the other?

By "spotted" do you mean circular areas or simply that there are yellow areas on the leaf? Are the veins green? Do the leaves retain the petiole (leafstalk) when they drop? A picture would be helpful.

5. Millet

Millet Well-Known Member 10 Years

I would ask why the tree has never been fertilized. Sooner or later a tree that does not get regular nurishment will always develop problems. Yellow leaves is comonly the first symptom. - Millet