Pruning Heritage Fruit Trees

Discussion in 'Fruit and Nut Trees' started by heritageapples, Jan 6, 2006.

1. heritageapples

heritageapples Member

We have an orchard on Bowen Island with 10 fruit trees. All of the trees are about 100 years old. They are in desperate need of care by someone who knows how to deal with old trees. Are there any arborists in the lower mainland that anyone can reccomend to come over and look at our trees. I realise we need both short term and long term plans for these great trees.

2. mr.shep

mr.shep Well-Known Member 10 Years

3. jimmyq

jimmyq Well-Known Member 10 Years

Heritage apples, if you turn on your private message function I can give you a contact number for an arborist supply company in North Vancouver that would likely be able to suggest a local person that would be able to help you out.

If you can post pictures here that would be great and we can try to offer some advice.

and thanks Mr Shep for the heads up. I would be happy to have a look of course but if its a professional visit I would have to charge a few seashells to come out. Lets try some pictures here first if we can!

4. heritageapples

heritageapples Member

Thanks for the replies. I think I have now turned on my private message function (?) I will try to post some pictures, three very big kings, two belle de boscops and some other smaller varieties.

5. jimmyq

jimmyq Well-Known Member 10 Years

Heritage, I have sent you a private message with some contact info for your locale.