British Columbia: North Saanich (Sidney) - SEEKING Gardener

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by passion4audio, Mar 30, 2011.

1. passion4audio

passion4audio Member

Hi,

This is my first post. Please forgive me if this is not the proper forum for this question.

I own an oceanfront home in Sidney.

Over the last two years, I've had two gardeners. Both of them start off great, but "trail off" as time goes on. This is a "seasonal" vacation home, so we aren't there most of the time.

My wife and I were just up there recently and our kind (and attentive) neighbor said that he hadn't seen our current gardeners for about two months. This seemed to correspond to the somewhat unkempt yard and gardens.

What I need is a reliable, responsible and experienced gardener. Must be more than the usual "mow, blow and go". Very nice property.

Also, our previous gardeners were charging what seem like excessively high prices - so a "reasonably priced" gardener would be a pleasant change.

Can anyone (please) recommend a gardener for our beautiful home?

Thanks!

Todd & Heidi

2. jimmyq

jimmyq Well-Known Member 10 Years

Try contacting the BCLNA, there is an island chapter that might be able to offer advice, otherwise try Elk Lake, Marigold or Cannors Nursery, Gardenworks would also be good but they might not be near enough to Sidney to have contact with landscapers in the area.

3. Anne Taylor

Anne Taylor Active Member 10 Years

I'd be happy to recommend someone who would fit your exact requirements, although I'm again not sure if this is the appropriate place. Please contact me via private message
    Cheers.
    Anne

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2011
  4. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Generic suggestions like jimmyq made are ok, but my suggestion if anyone wants to make any specific recommendations (or the opposite) is to use the private messaging system to contact the original poster.