Alocasia lowii is now correctly Alocasia longiloba

Discussion in 'Araceae' started by photopro, Nov 6, 2007.

1. photopro

photopro Well-Known Member

Thanks to the eagle eyes of readers I've just been informed of an error on my website. Mic Paschall in Australia, who is a regular on this forum sent me a note this morning letting me know the specimen I had identified as Alocasia lowii is now correctly Alocasia longiloba. Mic provided information from botanist Alistair Hay indicating the plant formerly known as Alocasia lowii has now been merged into Alocasia longiloba. I was aware there was some controversy, but was unaware a final placement had been made.

I'm always grateful to those of you who find and point out errors, including typos. So thanks Mic for the head-up.

http://www.exoticrainforest.com/Alocasia lowii pc.html

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  2. trikus

trikus Active Member

Several other species have been clumped together in the longiloba complex ;
    watsoniana , agyreia , korthalsii, veitchii , lowii . Alistair HAY has published many of the recent discoveries of Alocasia .

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  3. photopro

photopro Well-Known Member

Thanks again Mic. Guys like you, Julius, Leland, Enid, LariAnn (well, gals) and Doc Croat drive me all the time to "get it right". I keep trying and I do appreciate having my errors corrected. So keep telling me when I've got it wrong.