I'm looking for pictures of plants

Discussion in 'HortForum' started by jeff1524, Feb 10, 2004.

1. jeff1524

jeff1524 Member

Hi, i'm a 3d modeler for a video game, and I'm looking for pictures of
    various climates' plants and vegetation. Like, temperate climate
    vegetation, etc...
    I'm looking for individual pictures of various plants and stuff.
    I haven't found any site with what i'm looking for, do you know one?
    my email is trash_biz@hotmail.com

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Hmm.. with an email address like that (it just sounds spammy!), I'd suggest it is perhaps better if people suggested suitable resources within this thread (use "Post Reply") instead of emailing.

3. jeff1524

jeff1524 Member

soo.... nothing? u guys are supposed to know about plants and u can't find what i'm looking for?

4. jimmyq

jimmyq Well-Known Member 10 Years

we may know about plants but we dont necessarily give out tons of free info to someone who is making a living from our experience.... try getting ahold of good plant software like Horticopia or the new Flora... perhaps you can buy their images by license. Or try a photographer that does calendars or something of the like, they may have an image bank that they would love to see in your video games.

5. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Also check out Biomes of the World from the Missouri Botanical Garden as a starting point. However, unless you are looking for inspiration only, please note that derivative works of many images online would be subject to copyright laws, and you may better off using stock photography such as can be found at istockphoto.