sidney bc citrus nursery.. HELP!

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by lemon_dreams, May 31, 2006.

1. lemon_dreams

lemon_dreams Active Member

I lost the contact info and was really wanting to get trees in the next few weeks when I'm in the area. Unable to get a hold of the person I previously got my citrus from, so... looking for other options. If anyone has the contact info, please, please get it to me

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

3. lemon_dreams

thats it. thanks!

Have you tried to call tiny toms at all latly? I've been trying for awhile, no answer, voice mail is full. he was trying to get a bunch of cuttings rooted, was hoping he was successful.

4. Junglekeeper

No. His cuttings probably won't be ready until the summer anyway.

5. lemon_dreams

I called the end of last month, he already had them started and said by the end of may.

Oh well, either way. I contacted fruit trees and more. I'll see what they have. Just really want to keep my collection growng while I have the funds and in an area that has them... rather than deal with shipping.

6. Junglekeeper

My availability list is dated September 2004. Please let me know if there's a more recent one.

7. Gregn

Gregn Active Member 10 Years

I bought a Oro Blanca "grapefruit" from them earlier this spring. I paid $40 for it and thought it was a bit steep for what i recieved. It was around 16" tall (from the ground)
    and was grafted/budded on Trifoliate rootstock. It now has 75 buds and blossoms on it
    and has grown about 3 inches taller. It was well worth the money. Their only problem is sometimes they do not return messages / e mails promptly. but well worth doing business with them.
    Greg

8. LPN

LPN Well-Known Member 10 Years

$40 (CDN) is not "steep" by indusrty standard, and much work and knowledge goes into producing a healthy grafted citrus plant. Good to hear you eventually changed your mind regarding this situation.

9. lemon_dreams

that REALLY is a lot for a citrus that size. I paid less and got soooo much more. Granted, canada IS very expensive for citrus... because of all the hassle in most cases to get it up here.

I just aquired 4 trees from someone... at 12 bucks or so each. all grafted and about 2.5-3ft tall. VERY healthy and amazing.

But I have been lucky. I was soooo incredibly happy with my experience with Tiny Toms tangerine farm. I will deal with him above anyone. Actually today, he GAVE me a rooted cutting of a trovita orange and a fairly large pineapple plant!!! Plus, when I bout my inital trees from him, he threw in a Pom, gooseberry, palm tree and there were a couple others.. oh.. dragon fruit and lemon grass. FREE.

I've yet to hear ANYTHING back from fruit trees n more. I wont deal with a business that cant get back to ppl. Not to mention I left messages on their phone, with no reply. 3 emails... no reply. thats NOT a way to run a business. Oh well, they lost out. I was going to recomend them to many ppl, but I just dont see the point. I get to the island enough I can pick up from Tom's for them.

I'm just way toooo excited to finally have my Trovita. that was the HIGHLIGHT of my entire trip.

10. SeaHorseFanatic

SeaHorseFanatic Member

I know this is an old thread but I just got back from Tiny Tom's Tangerine Farm & I totally second lemon_dreams comments about his positive experiences dealing with Tom. What a great guy & so generous. I got a huge calamansi & a small one, as well as some lemon grass from him. He's also offered to teach me how to graft my own citrus combo trees.

Can't say enough good things about the guy & I just met him.

Anthony