Wood

Discussion in 'Garden Pest Management and Identification' started by Wood, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Wood

Wood Member

We just moved into a place with a heavy forest out back and my wife and I loath spiders (which we're seeing aplenty). We've heard that eucalyptus may provide a bit of a barrier. First, is that true? Second, what kind of euc do I need to plant and will it grow in North Vancouver???

2. cowboy

cowboy Active Member

I have never heard of this and doubt its validity. It may be simpler and cheaper to get treatment for your spider phobia. I mean this sincerely and not just a casual comment.

3. jeanneaxler

jeanneaxler Active Member

Eucalyptus oil repels flees. Never heard of spiders not liking it.
    If you live in the country, I agree with cowbow it will be easier to work on your dislike then eliminating them from your life.

4. smivies

smivies Active Member

Make sure the exterior of your house is completely dark at night, no lights whatsoever. Light attracts bugs which will attract spiders. You'll be seeing them set up shop around exterior lights in no time.

I'm with the others on the spider phobia....get it to a point where you can tolerate them.

5. Wood

Wood Member

No silver bullet huh? I can live with that. The therapy couch is a good recommendation but I'd be constantly checking under the cushions for spiders! I'll get used to them... Thanks for the comments!