Identification: what is this mini palm tree looking plant? pics attached!

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by destinyhanks, May 22, 2006.

1. destinyhanks

destinyhanks Member

I bought this plant a week ago- it was located on the same shelf as the lucky bamboo plants. It is cute and looks like a mini (8") palm tree- but I don't know how to take care of it!! Please look at the pics and help me identify it- so I won't kill it!

Attached Files:

2. Margaret

Margaret Active Member 10 Years

Hi.
    Looks like a ponytail palm. Suggest that you Google to compare.
    Margaret

3. Rima

Rima Active Member

Beaucarna recurvata (PT palm) and a nice one. Resist the urge to water until it's just about all dry, then do it well, keep it in very high light all day, and as much humidity as possible without spraying (it's pretty useless and invites mildew).

4. dogseadepression

dogseadepression Active Member

Destiny Hanks, This plant is a ponytail palm which is not a palm but a succulent.
    Wyatt Reinhart

5. MOCHA

MOCHA Active Member

from what I read In books they'er pretty hard to kill, I have never owned one my self but they last forever with the right
    care. Kind of like A cactus, Which I have killed, Im pretty talented like that. So you don't have to worry about that to much. let it dry out between watering don't over water and keep it in good light.they can with-stand bright to intence light and even low light, but I would go with the bright to intence. good luck.