Bella Italia Philadelphia 2009 Flower Show

Discussion in 'Annuals, Biennials, Perennials, Ferns and Bulbs' started by Poetry to Burn, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Poetry to Burn

Poetry to Burn Active Member

Attached Files:

2. joclyn

joclyn Rising Contributor

i'll be there!

3. Poetry to Burn

Poetry to Burn Active Member

Since I'm a maple enthusiast I'm slightly disappointed that acers were not at all prominently featured. I saw only 2, one was a palmatum it was in a plot done by Lower Merion High School it was labeled "species" the other was a lovely specimen sized buergerianum used in a professional landscape layout. I thought the plants featured most prominently this year were azalea and rhododendron. The Italian theme was campy and festive especially the opera performances.

Didn't it seem like there was even more space devoted to vendors hawking every imaginable trinket?

http://phillymarketcafe.blogspot.com/2009/03/philadelphia-flower-show.html

4. joclyn

joclyn Rising Contributor

i wasn't able to take time off work to go and i don't know if i want to venture there on the weekend (i've had issues before with the crowds and no air movement, so prefer to go weekdays when it's not as crowded).

if it's mostly azaleas, then i can miss it as i don't really like them all that much so that won't be much of a loss. i will miss the succulents though AND the shopping!!