Wildflowers: Wild BERRIES, TREES, FLOWERS in Vancouver

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by touraccuracy, Nov 22, 2009.

1. touraccuracy

touraccuracy Member

Hi all, I'm doing a environmental management paper and need help identifying some of the plant life I saw. (this isn't cheating and doesn't help with my mark really, it just makes it easier to find information i'll need later!)

Info on the area: I found all of these in Shoreline Park in Port Moody (suburban Vancouver, BC, Canada). It's along the shore of a small bay which is located at the end of a large inlet on the Pacific Ocean. The bay has many small creeks running into it creating a bit of an estuary and the tall grass is exposed at low tide and an underwater salt marsh at high tide.

Map here: http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sour...31,-122.836322&spn=0.002593,0.009012&t=h&z=18

There are 2 different kinds of berries, some coniferous and deciduous trees, flowers, and little shrubs/bushes. There's also some long grass salt marshes, don't know what that kind of grass is called though.

Just list anything you see in any of the photos.

Thanks so so so so so much :)

The sooner the responses the better!

Attached Files:

2. Michael F

Michael F Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator 10 Years

The conifer is Western Redcedar Thuja plicata.

3. saltcedar

saltcedar Rising Contributor 10 Years

Last picture might be Polygonum convolvulus.

4. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

The berry bush is Oregon crabapple.
    The blue flower is an aster, with the divided leaves of a cinquefoil around it.
    The shrub behind the curb and starting to turn red is liable to be a redtwig dogwood.

The shots with multiple small plants really should be split up into individual portraits.