Clematis and Honeysuckle dying

Discussion in 'Garden Pest Management and Identification' started by tosh, Jun 17, 2007.

1. tosh

tosh Active Member

Both my Honeysuckle and Clematis are dying of ..I don't know what.The Honeysuckle is 1 year old and up untill last weekend was thriving , climbing all over my archway and about to burst into bloom ,now it's losing all it's leaves and has gone brown from the bottom of the vine up some of the leaves had beige spots??.The same thing started to happen to my new Clematis 3 days ago .They are not together , about 100 ft apart , have good air circulation and both face south , they both have drip irrigation . My Clematis Montana is not affected and neither is the Trumpet Vine...so far. Any ideas ??? Thanks

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

I can't think of anything that would affect both of these simultaneously. Clematis wilt perhaps for the Clematis and Verticillium wilt for the honeysuckle are two things that spring to mind - perhaps it is just coincidence that both were struck at nearly the same time?

3. tosh

tosh Active Member

Thanks for the help , my 'Montana' is now afflicted ,this is quite a distance from the other 2 vines.We've sprayed with sulphur ,so we'll see what happens .Don't quite know what else we can do?