Identification: Is this Kanzan or not?

Discussion in 'Ornamental Cherries' started by eteinindia, May 14, 2008.

1. eteinindia

eteinindia Well-Known Member VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

Posted on May 14

Today I found a cherry tree which is still 50% of Blooming on the south side of 41st street between Crown and Holland(west of Dumbar).
    The tree locates between Kanzans which are finishing.

20080514_41st&Crown-Holland_Kanzan-or-etc_Izaki 009.JPG 20080514_41st&Crown-Holland_Kanzan-or-etc_Izaki 010.JPG 20080514_41st&Crown-Hollandt_Kanzan-or-etc_Izaki 013.JPG

Flowers really look like Kanzan. But pedicels are a bit longer than Kanzan.
    They look like Shirofugen with pink flowers.
    The tree shape is also a little different from Kanzans both side and near by.
    It really looks like Shirofugen, so I went to check Shirofugens near by (SW corner of Crown and 39th) But they are different Color and beyond full bloom.

The tree(left) & Kanzan(right)/Kanzans on Holland (between 41-46)

20080514_41s&Crown-Holland_Kanzan-or-etc_Izaki 006.JPG 20080514_Holiand&41st-46th_Kanzan_Izaki 020.jpg

Shirofugen at the SW corner of Crown and 39th

20080514_Crown&39_Shirofugen_Izaki 001.jpg 20080514_Holland&Crown&41st_Kanzan&Shirofugen&etc_Izaki 003.jpg

2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Cut a small section of flowering branch (with at least 10 flowers) and hold it up next to some others you are sure are 'Kanzan' and compare them.

3. eteinindia

Ron, do you know any Kanzan 50% of bloom now in Vancouver?
    As far as I know, UBC and Oakridge-Q E Park area are last part to bloom.
    But even Kanzans at University Golf Course and in the park at 49th & Ash are already after peak bloom. I haven't been to QE Park nowadays.
    The Kanzan next to the tree are finishing stage.
    It's no meaning to compere cherry trees at the different stage of bloom.

Kanzan next to the tree on May 14
    20080514_41st&Crown-Holland_Kanzan_Izaki 008.JPG

Here I post the pictures of Kanzans I took on April 18, on Haro in West End(Wendy's suggested walk).They are very early stage of blooming. Flowers looks similar but tree shapes are very different.

20080418_StanleyPark&Haro_Izaki 027.jpg 20080418_StanleyPark&Haro_Izaki 032.jpg 20080418_StanleyPark&Haro_Izaki 029.jpg

Anyway I can take better pictures of the tree tommorow in better weather!

4. eteinindia

posted on May 16

It was a beautiful day yesterday. So I went to the tree to take pictures in the evening.I took many pictures, but still not sure Kanzan or not. Now the tree is blooming 70%.

*****The tree ************ Kanzans both side of the tree******branches with flowers

20080515_41st&Crown-Holland_Kanzan.etc_Izaki 001A.JPG 20080515_41st&Crown-Holland_Kanzan.etc_Izaki 002A.JPG 20080515_41st&Crown-Holland_Kanzan.etc_Izaki 005A.JPG

When I saw at the close range, I can see something like Kiku-Zaki(Double blooming??). But I haven't seen real cherry blossom of Kiku-Zaki. I have seen only at the webs. So I'm not sure. Completely opend flowers looks exactly like Kanzan flowers.

20080515_41st&Crown-Holland_Kanzan.etc_Izaki 003A.JPG 20080515_41st&Crown-Holland_Kanzan.etc_Izaki 007A.JPG 20080515_41st&Crown-Holland_Kanzan.etc_Izaki 008A.JPG

Some flowers have vexillate filaments or a bit longer stamens.

20080515_41st&Crown-Holland_Kanzan.etc_Izaki 012A.jpg 20080515_41st&Crown-Holland_Kanzan.etc_Izaki 010A.JPG

But after all it looks like Kanzan. Then why only this tree blooms 2 weeks behind other Knazans nearby?

5. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

I decided I had to see the tree to see if the flowers were arranged in umbels, as it seemed in Mariko's photos, or corymbs. Well I saw it, but I can't tell. Several clusters look like four stems form an umbel and one is outside the umbel, so it's a corymb. In the first photo, there seem to be 6 in the cluster, but I looked hard to find a cluster with more than five stems when I was there and didn't see one. In that photo, doesn't the cluster look like an umbel? And same for the third photo? The middle photo seems to show that they're corymbs.
    2008051_41stCrown_LatePink_Cutler_6408r.jpg 20080516_41stCrown_LatePink_Cutler_6405r.jpg 20080516_41stCrown_LatePink_Cutler_6404r.jpg

The flowers have some features sort of similar to Pink Perfection - filaments, but not really vexillate ones, and those pink things in the middle that look like little petals but darker than the rest and coming from the centre.
    20080516_41stCrown_LatePink_Cutler_6418r.jpg 20080516_41stCrown_LatePink_Cutler_6419r.jpg

There's occasionally some serration on the sepals, but not a lot of that. I don't remember if the red (are they leaf axils?) are similar to either Kanzan or Pink Perfection.
    20080516_41stCrown_LatePink_Cutler_6413cr.jpg 20080516_41stCrown_LatePink_Cutler_6420r.jpg

The colour seems the opposite of Pink Perfection - light on the outside and dark in the centre. I just like the blossom in the second photo.
    20080516_41stCrown_LatePink_Cutler_6441r.jpg 20080516_41stCrown_LatePink_Cutler_6436cr.jpg

Here's a Kanzan leaf and next to it this tree's leaf . And then another leaf from this tree that seems to have different serration to me.
    20080516_41stCrown_KanzanLeaf_Cutler_6448r.jpg 20080516_41stCrown_LatePinkLeaf_Cutler_6450r.jpg 20080516_41stCrown_LatePinkLeaf_Cutler_6452r.jpg

The tree looks like it's been grafted at the base. The trunk looks terrible on the one side.
    20080516_41stCrown_LatePink_Cutler_6425r.jpg 20080516_41stCrown_LatePink_Cutler_6426r.jpg 20080516_41stCrown_LatePink_Cutler_6427r.jpg

Maybe we'll figure it out next year, Mariko. It's certainly a beautiful tree, except for its trunk, though maybe that's because the (other) Kanzans look so ratty now in comparison.

6. eteinindia

Thank you, Wendy.
    But I didn't know about umbels and corymbs. I checked the dictionary but I am not sure yet. Also I haven't check the number of the flowers to a bunch.

You see some flowers which has darker pink center. I think they are Kiku-zaki. It means outside petals open first, then the center part of the flower open. Do you think those things happen to Kanzan, too?
    But if it is not Kanzan then what? I couldn't find anything like these.

Until I found the tree at 41st and Crown, I haven't examined Kanzan thoroughly. I thought Kanzan was Kanzan, the most popular or common double flower cherry not only in Vancouver but also in Japan.(Actually my image of double flower cherry in Japan is not as dark pink as here. The image is something like after peak bloom of Kanzan and color is fading. I think because of warmer weather.) So I didn't take so many photos of the flowers blooming. Next year I'll check Kanzan well. And if this tree blooms as late as this year, then we search the new cultivar for the tree.

7. eteinindia

Posted on May 21

The tree on 41st & Crown are still blooming! It's slower than Shirofugen. It's after the peak bloom. Now you can't see dark pink centres in the flowers!
    These are pictures I took this morning. (May 21,2008)

20080521_41st&Crown_notKanzan_Izaki 005.jpg 20080521_41st&Crown_notKanzan_Izaki 006.jpg 20080521_41st&Crown_notKanzan_Izaki 004.jpg

Definitely it's not Kanzan. Flowers have longer pedicels and they are rather hanging from branches.

During long weekend I went to Sunshine Coast. There I saw some Kanzans still blooming. They are different from this tree. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera! I couldn't take pictures but I remember how Kanzans are. Lots of flowers stick to the branches. This is a picture of Kanzan on Rupert (near 27th) on May 11.

20080511_Rupert&27_Kanzan_Izaki 002A.JPG

Then what this tree is. It's funny this tree is not an old tree. It must be planted after the ban on importing Cherry Tree. Then this must be some cross (do you call so?) of the cherries??? Color of the tree now is very resemble to Kanzan after peak bloom.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2016
  8. wcutler

Okay, Mariko. We have rediscovered your tree after all these years. Maybe you can list here all the latest-blooming double pink cherries, ones that bloom at 'Shiro-fugen' time or later. I can't tell from our Japanese book which ones could possibly be in bloom now.

We have had a very early year, so relatively, these are blooming as late as when you posted them. 'Kanzan' on this block and everywhere else are completely finished, not even spent flowers left on the trees. 'Shiro-fugen' still have a lot of flowers, but they open white and these are opening dark pink, from red buds, and they're just a little past peak bloom, with still a few buds to photograph.

Your photos are so good, I don't have much to add. Here are three, and I'll post these and some others in the Dunbar thread, where Nadia posted her photo.
    20150505_41stCrown_LatePinkCherry_Cutler_123215.jpg 20150505_41stCrown_LatePinkCherry_Cutler_123249.jpg 20150505_41stCrown_LatePinkCherry_Cutler_123416.jpg

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  9. wcutler

There is something called Candy Floss (is that a trademark name? It's shown as 'Candy Floss'), also called 'Matsumae-beni-murasaki' that blooms in May, 25-50 petals. Here it is described by Pippin Trees. There is a description and blossom photo on this Harley Nursery page, which says it blooms in May; that page says 'Kanzan' blooms April and May, which implies that this blooms later than 'Kanzan'.

[Edited]The photo of
    'Matsumae-beni-murasaki' in my Flowering Cherries of Japan book (Ohta, Kawasaki and Tanaka, Yama-Kei Publishers, 2007, page 183) shows flowers with darker outside petals and no leaves. Since our photos show darker petals on the inside and full-sized leaves that look like they were bronze, I remember now that I dismissed this ID when I saw it in the book. It's unlikely, though, that a tree flowering in May would not have leaves. Maybe 'Candy Floss' is not really 'Matsumae-beni-murasaki'?

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  10. eteinindia

Thank you Wendy, for writing about Matsumae-beni-murasaki.
    I have seen it at Osaka Mint this spring. It is one of the new cherries which was made by Masatoshi Asari in Matumae, Hokkaido relatively recently. (He is still alive and making new cherries there.)
    Anyway, I didn't know this posting and intended to post the replay after one month.
    First I'll post my reply and then I'll seach the photo of Matsumae-beni-murasaki.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm very sorry I didn't reply soon.
    After seven years!! Thank you, Nadia, for finding it again!!
    Thank you, Wendy, for writing about it.
    That is exactly the tree! I can remember the shape well! But it's so funny. I visited there the next year, 2009, but every Kanzan around there blooming similarly. I couldn't find the tree. So I thought it was because of the construction. I think I had seen piles of bricks on the lawn there. But it happened again after only seven years and only for that tree.

There are two possibilities. It can be Kanzan Then it might be because of another construction or some other reasons. It's unlikely but possible.  
    If it's not Kanzan, then it can be a hybrid of Kansan or a new cultivar in Vancouver. If it's a hybrid, you can't identify and if it's a new cultivator, you can someday.

As far as I saw your pictures on Dunbar and Southland, I think it's not Kanzan. It has more petals competing the pictures of Kansan. When flowers open, we can see the centre part in Kanzan like the picture #19 #20 and #21 of Dunber and southland.
    For the identification you have to check everything thoroughly. I found a sheet for checking at the web of Konohana-sakuya. The first page is a Japanese sheet but the second one is in English. Wendy, will you check the tree? If you can't understand some English on the sheet, I'll tell you. Thank you. Now flowers finished but you can check leaves.

This spring I went to Osaka Mint. They have 350 cherry trees of 132 names. They are collecting cherry trees all around Japan and showing them with the original names.
    There were many cherries which looked like Kanzan in different blooming stages. But they have different names and when it located next to real Kanzan tree, it looked different.
    I took too many photos and I can’t sort out yet. But I’d like to post them little by little.

11. eteinindia

I have finally finished sorting out the pictures I took at Osaka Mint. I took more than 1000 pictures and it took time sorting.

The booklet says there are 350 cherries of 135 cultivars, but I took pictures of 104 cultivars only.

Osaka Mint opens to the public for one week every spring. Last year the weather was not good during that week. The only fine day was Sunday. So it was very very crowded. Basically there are 3 rows of cherries, but we couldn’t move sideways and we just had to go ahead. Also I was mixed up with the names of the cherries and for the first time I was fed up of the cherries.

I visited the Mint on Tuesday again. It was raining but there were still many people around the entrance. Many foreigners, especially south-east Asians visited there. Unfortunately the rain was getting very hard and it got dark even in the afternoon. So I couldn’t take pictures of all cultivars. Also I gave up taking pictures from the back.

After sorting out, I think three of them resemble the tree in question; Hi-zakura, Imose and Kirin, and 3 more are possible candidate; Hanagasa, Beni-jochin and Beni-shigure. So I’ll post pictures of 6 cherries.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  12. eteinindia

• Hi-zakura

The booklet of Osaka Mint says only; Hi-zakura has large dark pink flowers with about 30 petals.
    Konohana-sakuya: A phylloid pistil at the center part of a flower is conspicuous

Name: Hi-zakura ヒザクラ(緋桜)
    Cerasus serrulata ‘Hizakura’

Flower color: Dark purplish Pink 紅紫色
    Number of the petals: 30 - 40
    Blooming time:  Middle of April (Osaka standard)
    Explanation: Beni-yama-zakura×Sato-zakura
    Hi-zakura is an old cherry which comes up on old records. But it is distributed mainly in Kansai, not many modern researches were done.
    There’s a small indentation on the top of the petals. And the top of the are petals are wavy.
    There’s a view that Hi-zakura and Beni-Jochin are the same cherry under different names.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  13. eteinindia

★IImos
    Imose has lighter colored flowers and leaves than kanzan. But it has two-story blooming flowers.

The booklet of Osaka Mint: Imose is an old word for a loving couple. It was named because sometimes one flower has two pistils and becomes a couple of fruits sticking together. The flower has about 30 petals. Sometimes it has two-story blooming.

The Board of Osaka Mint: Imose is a very famous cherry of Hirano Shrine, Kyoto. It has tinted dark pink flowers. It sometimes makes two fruits from one flower. It is the reason it has the name, Imose.

Kuitert wrote about Imose on page 270 to 73 of Japanese Flowering Cherries.

Konohana-sakuya;

Imose is a cherry which is located at Hirano shrine in Kyoto; One flower shows two pistils in a flower and the other one shows two-story blooming. (Kita-ku, Kyoto)

two-story flower, the second story part comes out from the center / A distinct serration halfway up the sepals

Name :Cerasus serrulata ‘Imose’
    Imose (Hirano-imose ) イモセ(妹背・平野妹背)

Flower color : Pale purple pink

Number of petals: 20-30 (a double flower) , 20-50(chrysanthemum)

Blooming time : Middle to late April (Osaka standard)

Explanation:

This is a cherry connected to Toemon Sato. It is called Imose as its flowers sometimes has two pistils and can have two fruits sticking together.

One Imose tree can have several types of flowers; double, two-story and chrysanthemum-type flowers. It is a rare and fascinating cherry.

Nido-zakura of Ibi is also a very unique cherry.

14. eteinindia

★ Kirin

Kuitert wrote about Kirin on page 283 to 285 of Japanese Flowering Cherries.
    It says that the Kirin cultivar is often confused with ‘Kanzan’ because of Miyoshi’s (1916) incomplete comparison of the two. So Kirin can be a candidate.

The booklet of Osaka Mint: Kirin is a Sato-zakura which is located on the Arakawa River Bank.

It has flowers that are a dark purple-pink color with 30 to 35 petals. It has plenty of flowers of elegance and dignity.

Konohana-sakuya

The flowers have phylloid pistils. The flower color fades off while the blooming proceeds. (Hachioji, Tokyo )

Sepals are serrated.

Name: Cerasus serrulata ‘Kirin’
    Kirin キリン(麒麟)
    Flower color: Dark purplish pink

Number of petals : 25-40

blooming time: Middle to late April (Tokyo standard)

Explanation:

Kirin is a cultivar which is spread from Arakawa river bank.
    It is often mixed up with Kansan because their flowers resemble each other. One of the ways to identify these is said to be to see whether the sepals are serrated or not.
    I have seen many Kirin trees myself. But the trees which have serrated sepals are not many. There is a significant difference in tree shapes and bark of the trunks.

15. wcutler

Mariko, it's nice to see these photos!
    'Kirin' is a problem on two counts: from Kuitert, "large sepals that are fresth green(!)" - the exclamation mark indicates a distinguishing feature - and your photos of our tree clearly show bronze sepals. Also Kuitert mentions a "furrowed rumpling" of 'Kirin' leaves, which doesn't seem evident in your photos from our tree.

The 'Imose' flower colouring looks similar, but there's not much in the way of double flowers on our tree. Except for this photo earlier in this thread:
    http://forums.botanicalgarden.ubc.ca/attachments/20080516_41stcrown_latepink_cutler_6419r-jpg.41025/

'Hi-zakura'? I don't know - not much to go on. I'm not seeing wavy petal tops.

It would help to have blooming dates for these, relative to 'Kanzan'. Our tree was definitely a later bloomer than 'Kanzan'.

16. eteinindia

Wendy, I don't think the tree blooms later than Kanzan. Usually it bloom together with Kanzan but once in several years it blooms later than Kanzan. Perhaps under certain weather pattern, it blooms later than Kanzan. But we don't know exactly.

Anyway as I wrote, I went to Osaka Mint just two times, on April 12 and 14, 2015. At that time Kanzan trees were blooming almost same condition. There were 61 Kanzan trees there. Some were 60 % bloom and some were over full bloom. I’ll post the pictures of Kanzans there.
    The cherries which were in early condition of blooming (later than Kanzan) were chrysanthemum-type blooming cherries like Rokko-giku, Nisonnin-fugenzo and Kiku-zakura. But they have too many petals, more than 50, sometimes more than 100. I don’t think they have so many petals.

17. eteinindia

Beni-jochin

From the pictures I thought it is not very likely but konohana-sakuya says it might be the same cherry as Hi-zakura.

The booklet and board of Osaka Mint: The Flower color is pale pink. The bud color is dark pink. When they start opening, the flower color is pink. While the blooming proceed, it changes from pink to pale pink. The flower has about 30 petals.

Kuitert wrote noting about Beni-jochin.

Konohana-sakuya;

The top of the petals are indented finely and irregularly. (kita-ku, Osaka)

name: Cerasus serrulata ‘Beni-chochin’
    Beni-jochin ベニヂョウチン(紅提灯)

Flower color: Purple pink color

Number of the petals: 30-40

Blooming time: Midd-April (Osaka standard)

explanation: Beni-yama-zakura×Sato-zakura

Beni-jochin is also an old cherry which comes up on old records. But it is distributed mainly in Kansai, not many modern researches were done. There’s a small indentation on the top of the petals. And petals are waving.
    There’s a view Hi-zakura and Beni-Jochin are the same cherry under different names.

18. eteinindia

★ Hanagasa

Hanagasa is a relatively new cherry made in Matsumae. As importation of the cherry to BC is forbidden for decades, the possibility is rather low.

The booklet of Osaka Mint: Hanaasa is a beautiful large-flowered cherry which is made from a seed of Fukurokuju, in Matsumae, Hokkaifo. The name, Hana-gasa came the flower shape with phylloid pistils looks like hanagasa, a woven hat with flowers. The Flower color is pink and it has about 30 petals.

Nothing is written in “Japanese Flowering Cherries” by Kuitert.

Konohana-sakuya

Flowers are large and wavy. At the peak bloom it looks like flower woven hats are hanging. (Kita-ku, Osaka)

The calyx tube is a wide funnel shape or disk shaped. Sepals are wide triangular shape.

Phylloid pistil at the center of the flower looks like a handle of an umbrella.

Name:Cerasus serrulata ‘Hanagasa’
     Hanagasaハナガサ(花笠・松前花笠)

Flower color: Pale purple pink

Number of the petals: 30 - 40

Blooming time: Midd-April (Osaka standard)

Explanation:(Fukurokuju × ) 
    This is one of the cherries Mr. Masatoshi Asari chose from 38 seedlings of Fukurokuju.

Flowers are large, petals are finely serrated and pistils are changed into leafy shape.

The father of the cherry is considered to be a cherry of Korean Mountain cherry origin.

19. eteinindia

★Beni-shigure

Beni-shigure is also a relatively new cherry made in Matsumae, Hokkaido. Also it is vase shaped tree and green leaves. So I think it is not very likely but I post it. Konohana-sakuya says the blooming time is late April. But it was blooming almost same time as others this year.

The booklet of Osaka Mint: Beni-shigure is a beautiful pale pink cherry which is chosen from the seedling of Azuma-nishiki in Matsumae, Hokkkaido. As rich pink flowers bloom hanging from the branches, it was named Beni-shigure. (Shigure means drizzling rain.) The flower color is dark purple pink and it has 28 to 40 petals.

Nothing is written in “Japanese Flowering Cherries” by Kuitert.

Konohana-sakuya

Petals are dark color and don’t open flatly.(Kita-ku, Osaka)

Petals wave largely.

Name: Cerasus serrulata ‘Beni‐shigure’

Beni-shigure, Matsumae-beni-shigure ベニシグレ(紅時雨・松前紅時雨)

Flower color: Pale pink purple

Number of the petals: 25 to 35

Blooming time: Late April (Osaka standard)

Explanation: (Azuma-nishiki ×Sato-zakura of Korian mountain cherry)

Beni-shigure is the cherry Mr. Asami chose from seedling of Azuma-nishiki. The tree is vase shaped. Outer petals are darker color and it has plenty of flowers.

20. wcutler

Thanks for all this, Mariko. That 'Hanagasi' is beautiful. I'm glad we're not likely to have all these around here. Imagine trying to distinguish one from another!

I said:
    Well, this photo from posting #5 does show green sepals. How many serrations do we need on the sepals? It looks like some sepals have one serration.
    20080516_41stcrown_latepink_cutler_6441r-jpg.41030.jpg

21. eteinindia

Wendy, if the tree have many kinds of sepals, I think the possibility of being Imose is getting higher. Because Imose has many kinds of flowers on one tree.

By the way, you wrote about late blooming cherries. I don’t think the tree is a kind of late blooming cherry because as far as I know late blooming cherries are chrysanthemum-type flowers which have more than 50 petals. But I think 2 cherries in Osaka Mint have same color flowers. I’ll post pictures of Nison-in-fugenzo and Rokko-giku, too.

Nisonin-fugenzo

The booklet and board of Osaka Mint: Nison-in-fugenzo is an excellent cherry which located at Nison-in temple in Saga, Kyoto. The original tree died out but the successor tree which was grafted by Toemon Sato still exist there. It has chrysanthemum-type flowers of dark pink.

Kuitert placed the flower picture of Nison-in-fugenzo on page 125 0f his book. .

Konohana-sakuya

Name: Cerasus serrulata ‘Nison-in’

Nison-in-fugenzo ニソンインフケンゾウ(二尊院普賢象)

Flower color: Purple Pink

Number of the petals: 80 - 100

Blooming time: Late April (Osaka standard)
    Rokko-giku

The booklet of Osaka Mint: Rokko-giku has chrysanthemum-type flowers of pale pinky white. It originally located at the campus of Rokko High school (the Sixth high school under old system of education, now it became Okayama university.). The name of the cherry came from this fact.

Kuitert wrote nothing about this cherry in his book. .

Also Konohana-sakuya wrote nothing about this cherry. It is said that this cherry is an origin of Kiku-zakura.

22. ZakuraHI

ZakuraHI New Member

I must of missed the conclusion of this "Kanzan or not" identification forum. I am very curious of the identification of the unknown sakura. Waiting for the final conclusion.

23. wcutler

Thanks for bumping the thread, @ZakuraHI. Two years have gone by and we didn't remember to check. I've set a reminder for the spring to look at it again.

24. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

@eteinindia good afternoon Mariko, I have seen a Japan backpackers express YouTube video yesterday showing some Cherries blooming. Also some lovely Japanese White Eye birds feeding vigorously.
    How are the Cherries in your location? Any blossom yet?
    Hope you are keeping safe, haven't seen you on the forum for a while.

25. eteinindia

Sorry, @Acerholic, I didn’t write anything but early blooming cherries like Kan-zakuras and Mumes are blooming now. Cherries were very strange from last autumn. I don’t have time to write today. I’ll write tomorrow.