Wild Plant Identification

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by sarajane, Mar 25, 2007.

1. sarajane

sarajane Member

hey anyone ...i found this plant in the woods and i was searching for it's name...Now it's really pretty and looks really rare soo i would appreciate you guys help me find the name of that plant soo i can figure out what it needs to stay alive!!!

It's a foot tall and is very thin ...the flower is really tiny and its purple pink and yellow and it's stem is turquoise ... i tryed my best to draw a picture of it...

Attached Files:

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

3. sarajane

sarajane Member

hey i just checked out the plant 'Calypso bulbosa' and i just wanted to say that its not that one ...mine is a lot more small and the whole plant (except the flowers that are purple pink and yellow) is turquoise and so are the leaves ...
    but you were quite close it kinda looks similar to the one you pointed so thanks for trying really since myself i dont know a lot about plants....I appreciate your response

4. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Any chance of a photograph?

5. sarajane

sarajane Member

No unfortunatly i only have the seeds that i took from the plant ..but i remember that someone told me that it was a weed and that i had to take it out because it become a nuisance in my garden.

6. sarajane

sarajane Member

7. sarajane

sarajane Member

8. Liz

Liz Well-Known Member 10 Years

First one looks like it is a type of dandelion, (can't spell tech name) 2nd one looks like it belongs to the legumes, peas, beans, etc.

Liz