Help finding a CHEAP BIG pot!

Discussion in 'HortForum' started by Nutech, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Nutech

Nutech Member

Hi we have a large Majestic palm, and as this plant has grown beyond our expectation, so has it grown out of the 21" diameter x 17" high plastic pot it currrently lives in!

Would someone know where we could buy a larger pot so we can give it a nicer home!? Somewhere that won't cost a small fortune! :)

Thanks
    Richmond BC

2. Sea Witch

Sea Witch Active Member

Hi Nutech.

Home Depot and Home Hardware both have wooden "whiskey" barrel pots for about $60, but they're only 25" in diameter. If you're repotting 21" then I'd go for larger than 25".

If it was me, I'd ask a local nursery to order a plain giant clay pot for me--I always find them the cheapest. Or put an ad on C/L and see if someone has one (or a whiskey barrel pot) that they want to get rid of cheap.

3. lainyg

lainyg Active Member

You can try places like MTF or Liquidation World...I saw some large pots but don't remember the size.

Good luck!

4. Barbara Lloyd

Barbara Lloyd Well-Known Member

I used to get single laundry sinks at our local dump/recycling center. If I remember correctly they are about 2 ft. square. and pretty deep. Can't beat the price. Just a thought. ;))