What shape for my 'Drip hose" in my squash and pumpkins & Thanks

Discussion in 'Fruit and Vegetable Gardening' started by vicarious1, Jul 25, 2008.

1. vicarious1

vicarious1 Active Member 10 Years

Burnaby North on a slope facing south & a view :-)
    I bought a "drop hose" 15m but it is quite stiff and it seems it will not allow me to make short curves around the plants. I have a small hill +- 80cm at the end near the pumpkins.
    All the rest is butternuts squash. I would be greatly thnakfull for advise . On how close the pipe needs to be to ALL plants. I don't want some to stay dry. I let it run all night
    and got some water poodles the next morning. When I digg a bit some areas are much more wet than others. Can the plants pull the water from like 30-80cm away ? Must I burry the pipe ? Because in some areas there are mini holes that sprayed my pumpkins very thinnly and create mildew again as it was all along the night . I thought that pipe is only supposed to dribble water drops into the floor . :-(.
    How many hours per day must it run? As the weather is very good and sunny in the moment !
    Thank you to all those who replied to my previous quest for help. For those who have read my previous posts I have planted new Cilantro on east side now. I wanted to plant now Brocolli, Carrots,Spinach,Kale I hope they still have time to grow for the next 3month God will give us sunshine.

Attached Files: