I Have Shade Plants to Give Away

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by dt-van, May 1, 2008.

1. dt-van

dt-van Active Member 10 Years

I have many surplus shade plants from my garden to give away. They include:
    • Lily of the valley (lots)
    • Lady's Mantle (several)
    • Bergenia
    • Wild Ginger (lots)
    • and several others
    Does anyone want them or know of an organization which accepts plant donations? Wildlife Rescue in Burnaby used to take them for sale by donation but they don't anymore. I also have many other choice and unusual shade perennials which I would be willing to trade to someone in exchange for help dividing and replanting them. I live in south-east Vancouver

2. fern2

fern2 Active Member

If no one else has snapped them up, I'd love your lily of the valley (!!) and wild ginger. Other native species would be great too.
    PM me with your info (or to get mine) if you're still looking to give those guys away.
    ps: this weekend's UBC plant sale is entirely donation-driven (mostly from their volunteers) and I'd bet some of the local community gardens would love to take your donated plants (to use or sell). You could also post'em on craigslist & freecycle.org or some other seed swapping site (incl the one right here).
    Good luck!

3. fern2

fern2 Active Member

I might also have a taker for your rhodo but he's out of town for another 7-10 days. Let me know if no one's dug it up by then and I'll find out if he's interested & willing to excavate a bit.
    I'll call soon. Thx.

4. suz12

suz12 Member

I too am interested in your lily of the valley and wild ginger if you've still got them. Let me know, I can come help dig!