Lemon tree leaves

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by lemontree, Oct 17, 2006.

1. lemontree

lemontree Member

I have a lemon tree and two orange tress all of the new leaf growth are pale green and look like they are shriveled up does anyone no what might be causing this

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  2. skeeterbug

skeeterbug Active Member

The color of your leaves looks fine to me. Your problem is probably Citrus Leaf Miners. I think I can actually see one of them in the picture on the right. They live under the leaf epidermis and are hard to reach with traditional pesticides. There are a couple things you can do, however, horticulture oil will deter the adult moths from laying eggs(they do not like oily leaves)-- but you should not use oil now if the tree will be exposed to cold as it will inhibit cold conditioning. CLM only attack the newly flushed leaves--laying eggs when the leaves are less than an inch long. So if you live where it gets cold you will not have to worry until next spring.

There is also a pesticide, Spinosad is the active ingredient, that is relatively non-toxic to humans and animals that will work.

Use the search function at the top of the page and search for "miners" and you will find additional information.

Skeet

3. lemontree

lemontree Member

Thank You Very Much

4. Laaz

Laaz Active Member 10 Years

If you look closely you will see a small "worm" at the end of the tunnels. The worm turns into the adult leafminer a very small white moth. Look on the undersides of new growth & you will usually see the adult moths. Very tiny but very distructive to new growth.

5. lemontree

lemontree Member