Madagascar Palm

Discussion in 'Caudiciforms and Pachycaul Trees' started by MISTER G, Mar 28, 2008.

1. MISTER G

MISTER G Member

My plant has been indoors all winter. It gets sun from noon till sunset. times change from month yo month. It gets watered when dry. It has had foliage all winter. Now at the end of March the leaves are almost gone. Have I done somthing wrong?

2. markinwestmich

markinwestmich Active Member

What you are experiencing is, from my experience, normal. It would appear that with these plants, the leaves may have a certain life span. I will usually loose a leaf here and there about every week or two over the winter. Examining the leaves show no signs of disease. They will gradually turn yellow, dry up, and drop off of the lower part of the plant. Right now, (end of March), all that is left is about 20 leaves on the very top of the plant.

I have other Pachpodium species, as well as, Adeniums both are of the same family. The pachypodiums will all do this to varying degrees. The adeniums, less so. I notice this behavior just as they are coming out of dormancy in preparation for the growing season.

No worries. As long as there is no evidence of disease, it may be normal behavior.

Mark

3. MISTER G

MISTER G Member

Mark
    Thank you for your input. The only thing I see on the leaves" green & brown", are small dark spots. Not very many spots.

Al [MISTER G]