Succulent Houseplant

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by mystereons41, Sep 17, 2010.

1. mystereons41

mystereons41 Member

Hi,

Could someone help me ID this plant?. I have 2 new kittens, and I want to make sure it is not toxic.

It is a succulent plant, I am told by the person who gave it to me (who also can't remember what it's called), that it flowers, though I have never seen it.

Someone on another forum suggested that it might be a Goldfish Plant. I do see some similarities, but from the pics I've seen on the web, it seems like the Goldfish Plant has rounder leaves that are a darker green than my plant. But who knows maybe there is a lot of variation within Goldfish Plants?

Any help would be appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Possibly Crassula argentea.

3. Barbara Lloyd

Barbara Lloyd Well-Known Member

Below is a good site to keep handy when checking on toxicity of house plants. Until you name your plant keep it out of the reach of the little darlings - like a hanging basket from the ceiling. The only plant I let my cats chew on with no ill effects (except for the plant) is my spider plant chlorophytum ;)) barb

http://www.ladybug.uconn.edu/hotissues/SafeandPoisonousHouseplants.html

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  4. mystereons41

mystereons41 Member

Ron: I thought it might be a jade plant too, but I think the leaves might be less round and a little more elongated. Thanks for the idea! I have it on my list of maybees along with a Goldfish Plant :)

Barb: I have the plant quarantined in a separate room for now until I figure out what it is. Thank you for the link :)