Tangerine tree

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by lindajrogers, Apr 11, 2008.

1. lindajrogers

lindajrogers Member

Thank you for getting back to me I spoke with the person I purchased the tree from and They told me they only sell Satsuma tangerine trees does the same apply to these?

2. skeeterbug

skeeterbug Active Member

Satsumas do not require pollination and are seedless (sometimes 1 or 2 seeds--that is still considered seedless).

3. drichard12

drichard12 Active Member 10 Years

lindajrogers, After reading both of you postings, I feel Skeet or Dr Manners both out of Florida would offer the the best advice to your problem. Myself I feel your tree is doing just fine, I feel you may need to adjust your ferts and watering abit. I feel the tree maybe lacking a good watering during flowering.

4. lindajrogers

lindajrogers Member

Thank you I will make sure it gets enough to drink You all have been great

5. drichard12

Not a problem. Like I said Skeet and Dr Manners are the Pro's for your area. I'm just an outsider looking in. Please post your updates and findings.

6. Millet

Millet Well-Known Member 10 Years

As the tree turns out not to be a Clementine Mandarin as first stated, then no, nothing that was written in all of the other postings applies to Satsumas. Satsumas ARE self pollinating. One point I would make is that over fertilizing with the element nitrogen, has been shown to reduce the crop. Good luck to this tree. - Millet

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  7. drichard12

The most important time to maintain good moisture for a citrus tree, is from the begining of bloom and fruit set and 3-4 weeks after bloom. Any water stress during bloom and fruit set will result in a large reduction is the crop. However, as always with citrus, dont over do the watering. - Millet

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  8. lindajrogers

lindajrogers Member

thank all of you for your advice