meyer Lemon-Urgent advice needed

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by marcom13, Oct 20, 2014.

1. marcom13

marcom13 New Member

Help!!!!
    My Meyer Lemon tree is dropping dark green leaves. The leaves are not dry. I watered/fertilized several days ago with Peter's 25-5-15 at 300 ppm as well as Epson salts at the same ppm and I mist daily with a very mild solution of same. I have a clementine tree that sits along side the Meyer and gets identical treatment and is great. What can I do, I don't want to lose this tree.
    Please feel free to e-mail me directly at emarr@optonline.net I will be heart broken to lose this tree.
    Thank you ,
    marcom13
    Emmett

2. bonsaipf

bonsaipf Active Member

If I were you I'd be checking for spider mites. These little critters love to infest lemons and if left to themselves will cause you lemon to drop all it's leaves. It's kind of odd in that when the mites infest these plants, they usually cause the leaves to discolor before they fall but still, I think that would be the first thing I would check. I have a key lime growing beside my meyer lemon and the lime is fine but the lemon is fighting off an infestation with some help from me.

How can you tell if you have spider mites? Check on the underside of the leaves. If you see yellowish or reddish little things crawling around, then you have spider mites. Also if you see little 'spider webs' where your leaves join the stems, then you have spider mites.

How do you treat it? You can get a miticide at the local garden center and follow the instructions to spray and subdue the mites. Also it helps to spray mist your lemon occasionally.

Hope that helps.