apple leaf disease

Discussion in 'Fruit and Nut Trees' started by Lorrie1, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Lorrie1

Lorrie1 New Member

This is my first year with fruit trees and i have some leaf problems. Can someone help me identify the problem and tell me how to cure the disease or bug problem (not sure which). Picures attached. Pics 1.2,&3 are the Winesap leaves. Pics 4 & 5 are the Red Delicious leaves. Pics 6 & 7 are of the Granny Smith that I started from seeds. My yard is surrounded by woods, so I'm thinking probably a bug issue but not sure how to treat if that is the case. Please help me save my trees. I live in North Carolina if climate is to be considered.
    Thanks! apple leaves 002.jpg

apple leaves 003.jpg

apple leaves 001.jpg

apple leaves 005.jpg

apple leaves 004.jpg

apple leaves 006.jpg

apple leaves 007.jpg

2. edo

edo New Member

I'm not an expert on diseases or apple trees. That being said: images > apple leaves 002, 003 (near the edges) and 006 give you an indication that there is dead tissue caused probably by bacteria or fungi. Images > apple leaves 004 and 005 indicate that there are insects having an all you can eat on the leaves.

Bacterial diseases may be carried by the insect(s), bacteria and fungi may be be present on the leaves and they enter the tissues once the insect(s) damage the leaves while feeding.

In case you decide to solve the problem by yourself be careful with chemical products. Always wear protective gear to cover all parts of your body, including a mask to avoid inhaling all types of fumes.

3. Lorrie1

Lorrie1 New Member

Thank you very much for your response and your help.

4. edo

edo New Member

You're welcome!

5. gransback

gransback New Member

Here in philadelphia im have trouble with an Red Delicious apple tree planted at the end of last summer . Maybe some one would know whats happing with it after i post these photos. Thanks

Attached Files: