Identification: Please help identify - pink and green leaves

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by mourningdove, Oct 8, 2006.

1. mourningdove

mourningdove Member

I have a wonderful plant my son gave me, with what I consider heart-shaped leaves that vary from a light green to pale pink color. I have successfully propogated this and before sharing it with anyone, would like to know what it is! (My son bought it without asking) I have never seen it flower, but it does shoot out long trailing vines. Thanks for any help!

Attached Files:

2. tipularia

tipularia Well-Known Member 10 Years

3. mourningdove

mourningdove Member

Thank you for the quick answer - I have a caladium plant and realized the similarities. But I didn't think this was caladium - the difference between this plant and the caladium I have is that this one "vines" from leaf joints, producing long stems with several leaves on it. I trimmed back these vines and used them for propagation. And, since I was able to propagate from cuttings, I thought that was another sign that this wasn't caladium since it is grown from bulbs or corms.

Mourningdove

4. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Syngonium or similar.

5. MDNemec

MDNemec Member

I'm going to have to go with Ron on this one and suggest you look into Syngonium. I posted a pic of a similar plant and it was unanimously ID'd by this community as an arrowhead vine.

Yours is a little more 'viney' than mine, but I'm sure it is at least in the same family.

6. wild-rose-43

wild-rose-43 Active Member

Syngonium rosa

7. tipularia

tipularia Well-Known Member 10 Years