Not long now.

Discussion in 'Maples' started by Houzi, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Jaybee63

Jaybee63 Rising Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

How I'd love a bigger garden, it's going to be lack of space that dampens my enthusiasm for adding to my collection.
    I'm sowing seed this year, it's being chilled now, so that's the next project and then trying my hand next year at grafting.

2. ROEBUK

ROEBUK Generous Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

Same here John have around 50 'Waterfall' seeds in the fridge at the moment ,see how these progress in a few months time.

3. ROEBUK

ROEBUK Generous Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

Would have been rather silly not to buy for that price, have a nice little spot for it to go into and will just leave alone and see how it progress's

They also had quite a few Skeeters brooms,orange dreams,all the usual suspects etc just clearing out ready for the new seasons stock to arrive.

4. Jaybee63

Jaybee63 Rising Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

I have.orange dream in a lot of shade, never any burn or die back, puts on good growth and great colour.its one to have. Skeeters broom not too different from many similar cultivars.
    They say it's cheap up North (and you have beutiful countryside) sure is, that maple her would be about £25 and would reduce to half price with so,e garden centres on winter months.

5. maplesmagpie

maplesmagpie Active Member

Wow, what a beautifully shaped tree for four pounds! Congratulations!