Lime flowering now?

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by aesir22, Oct 12, 2008.

1. aesir22

aesir22 Active Member

Hi all,

Just a quick question. Have read on a couple of other posts that it isn't right for citrus to start flowering now, but my lime has. It went through a flush of foliage growth about a month ago. I haven't changed anything with its environment, water, or fertilizing. It is in a really well draining potting mix, I fertilize appropriately and only water when the top 2 or 3 inches of the mix are dry.

They flower according to stress don't they? Should I be concerned that I am getting autumn bloom from my tahiti lime? I can't think what would have stressed it out lol. After worrying about WLD, I find that at the moment I don't have to - the soil temp doesn't go beneath 63F, and I only expose them to partial light for the first hour of sunlight just in case.

Thanks for any help :)

Dan

2. StarLoc

StarLoc Active Member

My bearrs lime is flowering as well, i think its caused by the very cold weather we had in the summer , then it went warm again last month, they think its the spring, my mandarin outside is just flowering again, most have a small bit of new growth as well, all have a few flowers, the lime has lots on it

Strange year this, my victoria plum trees are flowering as well

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  3. aesir22

aesir22 Active Member

Lol maybe they're just trying hard to impress us :) Mine haven't been outside as yet - not had them long and thought would introduce them to the outside world after this winter. It seems sunnier lately, I wonder if they are enjoying that!