I'm embarrassed

Discussion in 'Fruit and Nut Trees' started by the x italian, Mar 3, 2014.

1. the x italian

the x italian New Member

I need to know if there is any saving this Meyers lemon Tree. I live in Central AZ at the 3000 ft. level, hot summers, semi cold winters. We planted this tree last year and it started off doing well. Just as it was about to get down below 32 degrees, I put a clear plastic cover, sorta like a small green house over it and my Nugami tree. I put a small light buld in with it on a timer to go on at night fall to keep any frost damage. I kept this plastic cover on for about 2 weeks. Well the picture should explain the, rest of the story. Now my question is is this tree savable? And if so how???? Thanks for not laughing............ and any help is needed .

Attached Files:

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

It doesn't look promising. The stems have turned brown and appears to be dried and brittle. There's little hope unless there's still some green in the lower main stem above the graft point, if there is one.

3. the x italian

the x italian New Member

Thank you for your reply, if there is some green above the graft, is there any thing I can do? Again TY

4. the x italian

the x italian New Member

I just went out there to inspect that lemon tree and I do see green in the main stem just above ground level, so perhaps theres some hope. Is there some kind of first aid I can perform?

5. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

I would leave it alone and see what happens when spring comes. It's often asked whether to fertilize in this situation and the answer is 'no'.