Repotting Key Lime

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by Rhynno, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Rhynno

Rhynno Active Member

Hi all,

I have two key limes who`re about 1.5 years old and only about 1.5 to 2 feet tall (I gather that that`s pretty short for their age). They`re still in pretty small pots and while there are no roots showing I need to repot them soon. They just had a flush or leaves so I expect that they`ll be working on roots soon. Will repotting them now cause problems. Am I better off waiting `till spring to repot.

Thank you!

Ryan

2. Millet

Millet Well-Known Member 10 Years

If the tree is root bound, it needs to be transplanted at this time. I have a large collection of citrus varieties, (100+) and have transplanted them in every month of the year, without a problem. It is not the time of year that is important, it is the care given the root system during transplanting. Take care. - Millet (1,217-)

3. Rhynno

Rhynno Active Member

Thanks Millet! You really are an expert on citrus! I know what I'm doing tomorrow :).

4. Rhynno

Rhynno Active Member

Thanks again for the advice. Oddly enough soon after the repot their upper leaves grew in size. I was a little surprized that they didn't have a lot of roots =/, most of them where around the bottom portion of the pot. Does anyone know how big these guys get before they usually start to flower? I loved the scent of my old calamondin!

Thanks,

Ryan

Attached Files: