Mint disease - help identify

Discussion in 'HortForum' started by bonasforza, Jun 28, 2009.

1. bonasforza

bonasforza Member

Hi,

I am having trouble with identifying whether this mint had powdery mildew. I am wondering if this is due to overwatering. The blotches on the leaves are brownish and the leaves starting up from the bottom of the plant are drying up and dying. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  2. fubidou

fubidou Member

I have a similar problem.
    I also had it around April this year, and I read about whitefly. I planted some marigolds in the pot with them, and in about 1/2 hour all the whitefly went off and the plant recovered. However I have it again, and this time no whitefly. I think it must either be rust, but there are a whole host of other diseases that can also affect mint, despite some authoritative websites saying only one disease affects mint.

I would post some pics, (maybe later) but can't find my camera.

In my case, it has been sudden and dramatic, one day the plants are looking really healthy and happy, next time I look, (about a week later) the plant is half dead, with black withered stems, powdery leaves, black shrivelled leaves. Could be a combination of diseases. I am going to cut away all infected leaves now, and will let you know ...

Peter

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009