UBC Botanical Garden Forums  

» UBC Botanical Garden

Go Back   UBC Botanical Garden Forums > Fungi, Lichens and Slime Molds > Pacific Northwest Fungi Events

Post New ThreadReply

Old March 12th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Mycology & Botany Enthusiast

Vancouver VMS forays Spring 2010

Spring mushroom forays* with the Vancouver Mycological Society start March 2010!
Foray plans so far include gulf islands, local parks, urban gastro-medicinal "forays," as well as potential for morel hunts in May/June!

For more information, consult the VMS website vanmyco.com or the Hotline at 604-878-9878

*Note: A foray is a trip to find fungi. A foray can be about collecting, or learning about fungi and how to identify mushrooms, or simply enjoying the sights on the walk. A foray can be about harvesting for the table, or obtaining good specimens for the Herbarium at UBC. It can be a few hours or several days.
Old April 18th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Mycology & Botany Enthusiast

Re: Vancouver VMS forays Spring 2010

Our annual Galiano spring foray yesterday was great! Although the weather was a bit uneven, we had 17 keeners attending, and the fungi co-operated by fruiting an impressive diversity of species for us. We also found snakes, frogs, and an impressively poisonous and adorable rough-skinned newt!

Although I did not wield a camera myself, I'll aim to start a thread and post some photos by others ... once I've talked them into letting me do that <grin>.

- frog
Post New ThreadReply