UBC Botanical Garden Forums  

» UBC Botanical Garden

Go Back   UBC Botanical Garden Forums > Archives (no new threads) > Fagaceae (beeches, oaks, etc.)

Fagaceae (beeches, oaks, etc.) Beeches, oaks, stone oaks, chestnuts and other members of the beech family.

Post New ThreadReply

Old July 23rd, 2009, 05:53 PM
Contributor (100-499 posts)

I bought 4 umbrella like weeping P. Beeches

I purchased at 75% off last year 4 purple leafed Beeches. It is suppose to grow up to 15 ft tall and about that wide.

I haven't planted any of them and one might be dead, as I can't decide on where to plant them. Also, what conditions do they really like. Do they like dry heat up to 105*, I'm in zone 6. Or part shade?

Should I just plant them and wait and see if I end up selling a couple of them as I watch them grow?

I really would have loved to get the taller slimmer weeping purple beech. But I don't have the income for one of those and still wonder if they will do well in the sunshine.

karalyn
Post New ThreadReply