UBC Botanical Garden Forums  

» UBC Botanical Garden

Go Back   UBC Botanical Garden Forums > Archives (no new threads) > Plant Propagation

Post New ThreadReply

Old July 13th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Registered (1-2 posts)

Sunlight for grape rootings

Recently I potted up several vinifera grape rootings, each about 3 in. high above the soil and developed from green cuttings. How much sunlight will they need now to establish themselves and survive dormancy? Right now, they're in partial sun, but unless they really need that much, I'm thinking of moving them to dappled sun/shade so that they don't get too hot in the afternoon. Also, at this size, where would be the best place to store them during dormancy (outside, in a garage, etc.)?

Thanks,
Nico
Post New ThreadReply

Bookmarks

Tags
cuttings, grape, rooting, shade, sunlight, vinifera