Need Help With My Mango Plant!!!

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Bhavick, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Bhavick

Bhavick Member

Hi Everyone,

About 2 years ago I planted a mango seed and everything was ok it was growing well and it was getting taller and taller. Just recently I decided to repot my plant with some fresh soil. So I took the plant out and watered it down to the bare roots and then planted it back in fresh soil. A few days after that my leaves on the plant looked dead and they have started to turn a brownish colour. I am really worried about it and I have tried giving it water and even taking it outside to give it sunlight but nothing has happened.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

2. Weekend Gardener

Weekend Gardener Active Member 10 Years

Sounds like transplant shock to me.

Especially if you got rid of all the old soil down to the bare roots. The feeder roots of most plants are delicate and gets damaged easily. In future, try and leave the root ball relatively undisturbed - scrap off old soil where you can and put the plant up into a larger container.

Right now, do not put it in direct sun, but bright indirect light. Keep the potting media moist, but do not over water. Do not water unless the pot is starting to feel lighter and to top layer of the soil appears dry. Take off all the browned off leaves. That's all you can do. Apart from crossing your fingers.

3. Bhavick

Bhavick Member

Thanks for the advice.

4. Rima

Rima Active Member

Can I just 'adjust' that a tiny bit? Don't 'scrape' off old soil - feeder roots will come with it - but crumble it with your fingers, gently, and do leave a small rootball near the trunk. Also, try and use a soil mix close to what it's done well in to begin with, don't make a drastic change from one type to another.

5. dogseadepression

dogseadepression Active Member

Bhavick, This is not exactly the answer to your question , but can you give me some advise on growing a mango plant from a seed. Send the info to my email, my address is Dogseadepression@yahoo.com. Thanks, Wyatt Reinhart Macomb, IL