microsorum thailandicum

Discussion in 'Annuals, Biennials, Perennials, Ferns and Bulbs' started by potassum, Nov 11, 2009.

1. potassum

potassum Member

HI

Does anyone know where to get this in Canada? I found in states, germany, holland, UK but it seems like hens teeth..

Someone tell me walmart has them..

thanks

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

I'm afraid I don't know, but I recall seeing these in the fernery at Montreal Botanical Garden -- perhaps talk to the horticulturist in charge of that area? It's an intriguing plant.

3. photopro

photopro Well-Known Member

4. potassum

potassum Member

Thanks. I'll contact her nut website says this in FAQ

Do you export plants outside the United States?

**** At this time, we are sorry, we can not. The time involved with getting an inspector to the nursery and the high costs involved (usually $60-100 dollars USD for the inspections), make it hardly worth it for the customer.

I saw it in Montreal botanical too. Maybe if 10 people in Montreal wanted it?

5. photopro

6. photopro

There is a grower in Thailand selling it on eBay now. They say they can ship worldwide but I'd be cautious about buying this plant in winter. It will not survive temperatures below 55 degrees F (13 C).