Appreciation: Japanese maple garden featured in Garden Design Magazine

Discussion in 'Maples' started by JT1, Nov 25, 2011.

1. JT1

JT1 Contributor 10 Years

2. maplesandpaws

maplesandpaws Active Member

Very beautiful!!!! Someday I hope our yard will be a sanctuary like that (I may bug you for suggestions and landscaping ideas, lol).

I don't know if you've heard of Maplestone Ornamentals; they're a nursery out in Alliance, OH - they also have an ebay store - with a very nice selection of maples. I've bought several maples, from 1 yr grafts to 3 and 4 yr trees, from Micah (the owner) this year, and he has some very nice stock with good prices. Just another resource for maples, conifers, etc, I thought you might be interested in. :)

3. JT1

JT1 Contributor 10 Years

Thank you! Yes, I discovered them this fall. He is a very nice guy.

4. rwinktown

rwinktown Active Member

congrats!

5. Neko

Neko Member

Very nice garden - congrats.

If I could offer up a small criticism, I would suggest a little more consistency in the rocks around the edging and in the garden would really help tie it all together better....easier said than done, I know.

The pathways in brick look great with the house though, but maybe a little less in keeping with the shape and style of the garden.

Love the bonsai plants too.

6. JT1

JT1 Contributor 10 Years

Thank you all for your feedback everyone! I agree about the rocks in the landscape, as the garden is an ever changing work in progress. I found a place called "The Rock Pile" in Avon, OH and they have a great selection of very hard to find rocks. It will be great for use in bonsai and the landscape. They have the polished black stone, really cool sponge rock, and some blue rock that looks like a glacier or something out of superman. The rocks and hard scape will be the focus for next season.

7. Thumblessprimate

Thumblessprimate Member

Nice work. I like it.