Help! My orange tree's leaves are curling.

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by MamaMac, Mar 11, 2007.

1. MamaMac

MamaMac Active Member

The leaves on my ornamental orange tree are starting to curl, and the leaves don't look as vibrant as they had. A few look to be yellowing. The tree is still loaded with fruit (about 40 little oranges). Am I over or under watering, or should I be removing some of the fruit?

2. DandyLioness

DandyLioness Active Member

Mine was starting to look like that, then I used some fertilizer spray for the leaves and it's getting back to normal now.

3. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

The leaves on my calamondin curl somewhat when it's thirsty. Have a look at [thread=23213]this[/thread] recent thread with regards to watering.

4. MamaMac

MamaMac Active Member

Thanks for the input! I gave it a good drink so hopefully that's the ticket! Any recommendations on fertilizer strength and schedule?

5. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

I use a water soluble 30-10-10 with trace elements on a monthly schedule during the active growing season.

6. MamaMac

MamaMac Active Member

Thanks Junglekeeper, I'll try that too! I'm slightly confused as to watering schedule for this tree, as I usually decrease the amount that I water during the winter, but was reluctant to while the fruit was filling. Maybe it hasn't been getting enough. I have been fertilizing with a 1/4 strength 8-7-6 with 0.1% chelated iron but I'll switch to 30-10-10.