i need "step by step details" on duranta gold mound propagation

Discussion in 'Plant Propagation' started by @flowers@, May 31, 2008.

1. @flowers@

@flowers@ Member

well let me tell you my 2 or 3 experiences with this, duranta gold mound propagation

about 2 years ago in winter i cut about 80 tips well a lot were about 1 foot long with leaves attached and i just put it in a 1 gallon pot and put it in a half shadded area watering it everyday, about 1 month later or so they were still black burnt but only 30 made it the rest was garbage.

then about 8 months ago i tried it again this time not soo long about 6 inches long using hormodine and did the same thing put it in 1 gallon pot and watered everyday this time i put them outside kinda full sun i did about 20 i guess, so 16 made it.

BUT NOW I WANT TO PRODUCE THEM WITHOUT THE GUESSING CAN YOU HELP ME?
    i want to know the details like:

how long should the stems be?

cuttings taken from the top of tree or sides or bottom?

from green stems or woody?

should i leaves on the leaves or let only one should i cut off the braches from this tip cutting and basically leave it as a stick?

the drying out burnt faze is that normal?

ofcourse i will use hormodine, but how long does it take for them to root?

can i take the cuttings and just leave them outside in full sun with the sprinkler system running everyday or do they need limited watering until they root?

ive read about humidity and covering certain plants in plastic bags, but thats too much when im trying to produce a lot of them for resale (im starting a nursery) is there a faster easier way to propagate this?

well you get the point by now, i really need help and details if anyone can offer it

thanks so much for reading and helping

2. @flowers@

@flowers@ Member

does anyone know how to propagate DURANTA GOLD MOUND?

i posted 3 days ago with the details requested, i cant seem to find in the internet anything more than cuttings, but i want to know exactly how 2 do it, as i havent been soo succesful at it.

thanks

3. bobby in miami

bobby in miami Member

Hi - a little late responding here but I tried air-layering for the first time here is MIami and I used the gold mound. To my amazement after a week I saw large white roots emreging in the spagmnum moss ball and I cut them off below sthe new root ball after 14 days with 3 inch long roots. I had 100% sucess and ended up with 18 to 24 inch multi branch plants. Sort of fool proof if I can do it. Good luck!