Ornithogalum dubium care

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by bellegurl, Jun 12, 2006.

1. bellegurl

bellegurl Member

Re: Sun Star

Hi there. And thank you. Thanks to your forum, I have found out some information on the beautiful ornithogalum dubium. However, I have one more question. I have found different answers in various sources. Some of them say that when the leaves of the plant die out, to stop watering completely. In other sources, it says to water as needed. Is there any correct method? Bearing in mind, I am keeping the plant indoors all year. Also, can it sit in a south-facing window all year?

2. Rima

Rima Active Member

Re: Sun Star

If the majority of leaves die, then water very sparingly. If it's only a couple (matter of course with some plants), then just be reasonable - do it well when you do it, but space out the times. I found this info. on Google - "This plant needs a dry, cool, dormant period after flowering (in which the leaves die back) withhold water until it begins growth again, then water and fertilize. you might consider bringing the dormant plant outside (after the danger of frost is over) and let normal rain and weather conditions help stimulate it into growth again."