British Columbia: New Westminster Horticultural Society Super Plant Sale - Sunday, May 6, 2012

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwest Workshops, Events, and Societies' started by joecat, Apr 9, 2012.

1. joecat

joecat Active Member

New Westminster Horticultural Society
    SUPER PLANT SALE

Sunday, May 6th, 2012
    10 am - 4 pm

The Armoury
    530 Queen's Avenue
    (corner of Queen's Avenue and 6th Street)
    lots of parking in the City Hall parking lot right behind the Armoury (Access from 6th Street or east bound on Royal Ave)

Quality plants at amazing prices!

perennials from the common to the rare
    popular and unusual bedding plants and basket stuffers
    over 50 varieties of tomato seedlings, including heirloom varieties

Bring a wagon or boxes to shop and carry home your purchases!

Cash only please.

[GMAP]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&amp;msid=213457180769288288739.0004bd4474a1f0e183ef7&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;t=h&amp;ll=49.207035,-122.911746&amp;spn=0.000266,0.000687&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small>View <a href="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&amp;msid=213457180769288288739.0004bd4474a1f0e183ef7&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;t=h&amp;ll=49.207035,-122.911746&amp;spn=0.000266,0.000687&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">Super Plant Sale - New Westminster Horticultural Society</a> in a larger map</small>[/GMAP]

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  2. dt-van

dt-van Active Member 10 Years

Do you accept donations of plants from non-members? If so what is the procedure? If not, is it too late for me to join and donate plants. I have a number of unusual perennials in need of dividing which I'd be happy to find homes for.

3. joecat

joecat Active Member

Hi,

Yes we accept donations of plants! There is a deadline, because we need time to pot them up and label them. I'll PM you our contact info.

Karen

PS - You don't need to be a member to donate or shop at the sale, but members have the benefit of shopping early if they help out with the sale!

4. joecat

joecat Active Member

A couple of great articles in the local paper about the sale and one of our organizers:
    Audrey Gets Her Yard Back, New Westminster News Leader
    Horticultural society holds its last giant plant sale May 6, Royal City Record

Read more: http://www.royalcityrecord.com/life/Green+thumbs+city+unite/6490215/story.html#ixzz1toQrssBq

Everyone in the club is involved from donating plants, to potting, labelling, caring for the plants, to sale day set up and right to tear down.

We'd like to thank everyone who came to the sale through the years. We will be back next year with sales of some sort, but it probably will not be as big as this sale - at last count we had 6000 plants!

5. ponderoni

ponderoni Active Member

Joecat,

Thank you for bringing "our" sale to the attention of this forum.

And thank you a thousand times for pointing out that it is CASH SALES ONLY.

This is a new policy this year and has NOT been expressed in any of our advertising or Public Relations
    - much to the dismay of several other members that I have spoken with.

At least the good people who read this thread will be informed in advance.

And again, thank you.

6. ponderoni

ponderoni Active Member

My apologies.
    This just came out today.
    Two days before the sale, but better than never.

Attached Files: