Dying Mulberry Tree

Discussion in 'Fruit and Nut Trees' started by Loky Horn, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Loky Horn

Loky Horn Member

Hi there,

I have a large weeping mulberry tree which I inherited from the previous owners of my house. The tree is quite large and looks to be well looked after. I noticed when I moved in that a branch on the top of the tree there was a totally bare. I didn't worry too much then but over the summer another branch next to it full of leaves has died and another one on the opposite side has started to die too. To counteract this we have made sure that it had been given ample water over the last month or so but the problem seems to be getting worse. The summer was quite hot but it has cooled down as of late and it doesn't seem to be improving.

Could someone please help me with this? I feel like I'm watching this wonderful tree slowly die in-front of my very eyes

2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Need to find out what, exactly is happening before effective measures can be taken. Here we have the USDA Cooperative Extension Service assisting the public with such matters. You may have similar services offered by something like an agricultural ministry there.