Floral names?

Discussion in 'HortForum' started by Daniel Mosquin, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

The following was received via email:

Can you help me? I would dearly like to find a shrub, bush, tree or flower having the name of 'Sophia' or 'Sophie', "Nora" or 'Michelle'. Are you aware of any of these?

2. carsona

carsona Member

a flower called Norah leigh

I am aware of a flower, Phlox 'Norah Leigh' which might fit the description of what you are looking for.

3. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

While I don't have any experience with any plants that contain those names, here is a web site that you can search:

The Royal Horticultural Society Plant Finder.

Type in the name, search and browse through the results. I see that there are results for each of the names you requested, although some of the plants appear difficult to find.

The RHS Plant Finder is a resource that accomplishes several tasks: not only does it record which nurseries supply which plants (all UK unfortunately), but the Royal Horticultural Society also devotes staff to ensuring that the names are accurate. It is the primary resource we use at UBC for names of cultivated plants.